Canon, an Official Supplier of Expo 2020, Launches Special Series of Frontiers of Innovation Events
Canon (www.Canon.com), an official supplier of Expo 2020 Dubai and the first company to be the sole supplier of imaging and printing for a World Expo, launched a special series of its monthly Frontiers of Innovation online shows to celebrate the partnership .
Canon Middle East launched the Frontiers of Innovation series five years ago, bringing together industry experts to discuss technological innovations and evolving trends, and seek concrete solutions to pressing challenges. It provides a valuable platform for thought leaders to share their ideas, perspectives and experiences and serves to increase awareness of the Canon brand and its technology, and to drive innovation.
Frontiers of Innovation @Expo 2020 events will be co-hosted on Canon EMEA LinkedIn page (https://bit.ly/38wz8Bv). They will focus on topics relevant to the audiences of the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East and Africa at large. While primarily business-oriented, some of the shows will be just as relevant to the general public, especially those with an interest in travel, photography and film.
Mai Youssef, Director of Corporate Communications and Marketing Services, Canon Middle East and Canon Central and North Africa, said: “Showcasing some of the region’s best minds from various industries and discussing key issues of our time, Frontiers of Innovation is an important aspect of Canon’s external communications. The topics covered reflect our commitment to the environment, talent empowerment, innovation and the future. This joint initiative with Expo 2020 is part of our continued commitment to drive innovation and generate solutions to support businesses in various sectors in the Middle East and Africa.
Dina Storey, Director – Sustainability Operations, Sustainability-Real Estate at Dubai Expo 2020 commented: “Our joint venture with Canon Middle East will create an important platform to discuss key issues that arise in the world of photography and filmography. By focusing on sustainability and innovation – two things that are extremely important to us at Dubai Expo 2020 – we are able to create a better future for young artists and encourage more people to join this community. inspiring.
The series will begin in September 2021, with a session that will focus on the printing industry in the run-up to International Printing Day, reflecting on how the industry has changed in recent years – in particular in light of the pandemic – and how it is. evolve to meet future needs. The next monthly sessions will examine questions such as:
- Steps towards a more sustainable future
- The battle for information security
- What the next decade has in store for the tourism sector
- How to empower future filmmakers, photojournalists and content creators
- Create workplaces that promote good mental health
- Empower women
World’s fairs are festivals of culture, technology, innovation, design and human genius that usually take place once every five years in a major international city. Hosted by Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Expo 2020, which was originally scheduled to take place in October 2020 but was delayed due to the pandemic, will be the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region. South. The theme of Expo 2020 is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”, recognizing the importance of collaboration and partnership for growth.
“Like Expo 2020, Canon is dedicated to inspiring a more sustainable future”, Mai Youssef added. “Our three pillars, Future of People, Future of Planet and Future of Possibility, are linked to the sub-themes of Expo, Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability. We are excited to collaborate on this special series of shows and hope that it will allow us to reach and inspire even more people.
Discover upcoming events on: https://bit.ly/3jwHeQX.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Canon North and Central Africa (CCNA).
Canon Europe is the EMEA strategic headquarters of Canon Inc., a global provider of imaging technologies and services. Canon Europe operates in approximately 120 countries, with approximately 13,300 employees, and contributes approximately a quarter of Canon’s global revenues each year. Founded in 1937, the drive to continuously innovate has kept Canon at the forefront of imaging excellence throughout its 80 year history and is committed to investing in the right areas and seizing growth opportunities, from cameras to commercial printers, and from business consulting to healthcare technology. . Canon’s corporate philosophy is Kyosei (https://bit.ly/3kEb5Gu) – “Live and work together for the common good”. In EMEA, Canon Europe pursues sustainable business growth, focusing on reducing its own environmental impact and helping customers reduce theirs by using Canon products, solutions and services. Canon is constantly redefining the world of imaging for the greater good. With its technology and innovative spirit, it pushes the boundaries of what is possible – helping to see our world in ways we’ve never seen before. More information on Canon Europe is available at: www.Canon-Europe.com.
About Dubai Expo 2020:
From October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from all over the world to participate in the creation of a new world, as it brings the planet together in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- • With the aim of “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”, Expo 2020 will be the world’s most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalyzing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real solutions. to real world challenges
- • Expo 2020 will be the world’s largest cultural gathering, showcasing 182 visually striking and emotionally inspiring days, as more than 200 attendees – including nations, multilateral organizations, businesses and educational institutions , along with millions of visitors – create the largest and most diverse World’s Fair of all time
- • The Expo 2020 sub-themes, Opportunities, Mobility and Sustainable Development, will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for all.
- • For six months, Expo 2020 will be a must-see family destination, with thousands of events, incredible exploratory experiences and free entry for children up to 18 years old.
- • The Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for all, while ensuring the safety of visitors by following the latest guidelines from the world’s leading experts in medicine, science and health
- • Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA), located on a 4.38 km² site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- • Built with a meaningful and measurable long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site will transform into District 2020 – a model global community that will rethink the cities of the future – after Expo 2020 closes.
How to cover Expo 2020 Dubai in person at the time of the event or report the event remotely
To attend Expo 2020 or cover Expo 2020 remotely using the content and assets generated by Expo, you must be accredited.
To begin your journey with Expo 2020, please ensure that you:
- Register to access our media information system, Tawassul at https://media.expo2020dubai.com.
Tawassul is regularly updated, providing the latest content, including press releases, photographs, audio and video, electronic media kit, and information on broadcast and photography operations. It also provides you with important information and updates on facilities and services such as media accreditation, visa information for accredited international media and permits. Access to other media-related systems (Media Asset Management System and Media Booking System), which will be launched in the second quarter of 2021, will only be allowed to accredited media (see below). Information on these systems can be found on Tawassul.
- Once registered, submit an expression of interest for Expo 2020 media accreditation.
In this expression of interest, please appoint a liaison officer for accreditation (ALO) within your organization which will serve as a single point of contact with Expo 2020 for media accreditation. Following this, approved media organizations will receive login information and instructions for the accreditation system to enable them to submit applications.
For assistance, contact the Expo 2020 Dubai Media Services team at [email protected] or +971 (0) 56 689 2101.
Follow: Twitter: @ expo2020dubai | Facebook: @ Expo2020Dubaï | Instagram: expo2020dubai
About the world fairs:
In 1851, the Crystal Palace was the centerpiece of the London World’s Fair, the first World’s Fair. It celebrated the man-made industrial wonders of a rapidly changing world. The architecture, content and a theme, “Industry of All Nations”, have been combined to create a great idea of nations meeting nations in shared technological and commercial advancement. In recent years, participants of world exhibitions, including governments, international organizations and businesses, have come together to find solutions to universal challenges and to promote their achievements, products, ideas, innovations, national brand and their nations as tourism, trade and investment destinations.
Universal exhibitions are organized under the auspices of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) (www.BIE-paris.org), the intergovernmental organization responsible for overseeing and regulating international exhibitions (“Expos”) and promoting their core values of education, innovation and cooperation. Today, four types of Expos are organized under the BIEauspices of: Universal exhibitions, Specialized exhibitions, Horticultural exhibitions and the Milan Triennale.
Africanews provides APO Group content as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes.